Pages

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Much Ado About Nothing


This is going to be a short post. I went to see the BYU Theater's performance of Much Ado About Nothing two days ago, so I thought I would blog about that before going back to my analysis of musical scores in movie adaptations of Hamlet. I would highly recommend going to see BYU Theater's rendition of Much Ado About Nothing. The actors did an exceptionally good job at portraying their characters accurately and uniquely. The director devised the play so that it was WWII based, bringing a new dynamic to the work. While I enjoyed the WWII concept, I wish they would have adapted the language to be more representative of the WWII era. One thing that I did enjoy that is connected to my blog focus, was the music they used in different parts of the work. The music brought a unique feel to the play, considering the majority of plays do not use music in their performances.