Pages

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

The Taming of Elizabeth Taylor

      So I watched the 1967 film adaptation of The Taming of the Shrew last night.  Thanks Cara for setting that up!   Last night was the second time I had seen the movie, the first time was when I was in 9th grade.  Needless to say, I had forgotten most of it.  All in all I think it was done very well.  I think that for the most part the actors did a good job at portraying their characters accurately.  Both Richard Burton (Petruchio) and Elizabeth Taylor (Katharina) did a great job at showing just how eccentric their characters really were.  I am in the beginning stages of reading the play right now.  I am interested in doing an analysis of the movie after I am done reading the actual play so I can see how accurate the movie adaptation really is.

Here is one of the most famous scenes in the movie, when Petruchio first meets Katharina: