Pages

Monday, February 21, 2011

Evaluation of Brooke K's Blog "Discovering Shakespeare"


      Brooke has made 12 blog posts over the course of the semester.  I feel she has done a very good job at composing blog posts that show both critical engagement and personal relevance.  Her posts have been very creative in that she has not used traditional methods of analyzing the plays.  A specific post that I enjoyed was her January 28th post entitled “Poetic Expressions of Richard III.”  I like this blog post because it focuses on learning outcomes, shows critical engagement as well as social connection.  I especially liked the fact that she socially engaged herself in the comments others left her on the post instead of just overlooking them. 
      One suggestion I would give her is to show what learning outcomes she is meeting with her posts in the “tags” area.  This makes it easier for others to receive ideas on how they can better their own blogs as to specific learning outcomes.  Also, I think it would be nice if she frequently linked other class members blogs in her blog posts to create a circulation of class participation and support.