Pages

Thursday, January 13, 2011

My Self-Directed Learning Plan

So this is a tentative plan. I am thinking that I will read 9 plays during the course of the semester. I am planning on reading 5 comedies, 3 tragedies and 1 histories. The list of plays I will read goes as follows:

Comedies:
  • The Taming of the Shrew
  • A Midsummer Night's Dream
  • Much Ado About Nothing
  • Measure for Measure
  • The Merchant of Venice
Tragedies:
  • King Lear
  • Julius Caesar
  • Macbeth
Histories:
  • The Life of King Henry the Fifth
In addition to these plays, I will watch and analyze two film adaptations of the selected plays during the course of the semester. I will also analyze 5 sonnets.

Any suggestions?

1 comment:

LiannaM said...

I would suggest that in addition to listing the plays you have, maybe think of some specific projects you could do for each work that would fill a learning objective. You have definitely met the breadth requirement, but try to elaborate a bit more on the other requirements! :)

Post a Comment